Skip to main content

"The Christmas Calendar" (TV Movie 2017)

 “In a quaint little town, Emily, a baker facing numerous challenges in her business, finds herself at the center of an unexpected mystery when she receives a beautifully crafted Christmas calendar from an anonymous admirer. This thoughtful gift, adorned with intricate designs and heartfelt messages, ignites a wave of curiosity among the townsfolk. As whispers spread through the community, the residents become increasingly captivated by the enigma of the calendar's origin, sparking a fervent quest to uncover the identity of the mysterious sender.


The arrival of the calendar not only brings a glimmer of hope to Emily's struggling bakery but also transforms her into a local sensation. Each day that passes sees the townspeople gathering in coffee shops and on street corners, speculating about who could be behind such a romantic gesture. The excitement builds as they share theories and clues, turning the search for the secret admirer into a communal event that unites the town in a shared sense of intrigue and anticipation.


As the days of December unfold, Emily finds herself both flattered and overwhelmed by the attention. While she secretly enjoys the thrill of the mystery, she also grapples with the pressure of the townspeople's expectations. With each passing day, the calendar reveals not just the countdown to Christmas but also the blossoming of hope and connection within the community, as they rally around Emily, eager to support her and perhaps even help her discover the identity of the person who has brought a spark of joy into her life.”


I watched this movie on television and was fascinated by the title of the movie. To me, a calendar is pointless for a holiday. I prefer creating calendars for day to day events and I rather not have secret admirers. I like to be upfront and add personal touches in creating romantic gestures and in romantic and long term relationships. 


Popular posts from this blog

Pandemic

                                                                                During the pandemic, I created inspiring paintings reflecting the crisis. With over 20 years of experience, I work on canvas, digital, or canvas paper. I recently completed over 20 digital pieces, channeling my experiences as a black female in America into my art. Art has always been my voice. Pandemic. September 3, 2021. 16 * 20. Abstract painting on canvas. Afrika Abney Pandemic, I thought about the colors and technique. One of the colors that I selected was salmon pink. The artist carefully chose the salmon pink color for its symbolism of expression, fellowship, compassion, and individuality. The painting's blend of red, blue, and white creates a dynamic and textured composition with ...

CANCELLED - FINDING YOUR WAY FORWARD: Creating A Reconciliation Plan for You an interactive workshop with jonetta rose barras

  Greetings, I hope all is well with you. I would like to inform you that  FINDING YOUR WAY FORWARD: Creating A Reconciliation Plan for You an interactive workshop with jonetta rose barras  has been cancelled.  If you can please share the attached flyer with your community, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you

The AACL Tour presented by Esther Productions Inc. in partnership with The Black Student Fund and The Institute for African American Writing

 The AACL Tour opened on March 16th and took place at Francis Gregory. The next AACL Tour is scheduled to take place on April 20, 2024. Please see details below:  Esther Productions Inc., in partnership with The Black Student Fund and The Institute for African American Writing presents two authors Ms. Joy Jones and Mr. E.Ethelbert Miller on April 20th. Info:  aachildrenslit2023 @gmail.com . " Joy Jones has taught creative writing and public speaking to middle school students and coached poetry slam teams. Her children’s book Tambourine Moon (Simon & Schuster) was chosen in 2000 as a Kid’s Pick of the Lists by the American Booksellers Association, selected as one of the best books for children by the black caucus of the ALA, and seen on Fox TV’s hit show The Bernie Mac Show. She is also the author of Private Lessons:A Book of Meditations for Teachers (Andrews McMeel),  Fearless Public Speaking (SparkNotes),  Jayla Jumps In (Albert Whitman & Comp...

Mr. David C. Miller presenter

    Esther Productions Inc., The Black Student Fund and Tenley-Friendship Library present a special edition of MIDNIGHTROSE: A Reading Series of Poetry and Prose on Feb. 8, 2025 from 11 am to 1pm for the entire family.  For further questions, please send them to midnightrosereadingseries@gmail.com . https://www.estherproductionsinc.com/events-1/special-black-history-month-midnightrose-a-reading-series-of-poetry-and-prose-focusing-on-childrens-literature "Baltimore native, David C. Miller , has received international acclaim for Dare to Be King: What If the Prince Lives . A Survival Workbook for African American Males, a thought-provoking, 52-week curriculum teaching adolescent males how to survive and thrive in toxic environments. Miller is a Ph.D. Candidate in the School of Social Work at Morgan State University with a primary concentration on Black Fatherhood. Miller has written several children’s books, including Chef Toussaint , Khalil’s Way , Brooklyn’s Finest: The G...

Restful Blue

    I chose various shades of blue using paintapp.  This choice was not arbitrary; I aimed to explore the calming and inspiring qualities that different shades of blue can evoke. Restful Blue is a solid blue background designed for creativity.  When examining Restful Blue, one can see hints of purple within this shade of blue.  “Achieving restful sleep plays a crucial role in establishing effective sleeping habits. On August 8, 2024, I took a significant step by putting my sleep routine into action, and since then, I have embraced a variety of strategies designed to enhance my nightly rest. These methods not only help me unwind but also prepare my mind and body for a more rejuvenating sleep experience. Among the techniques I have adopted, one of the most impactful has been reading inspirational quotes before bedtime. This practice allows me to reflect on positive thoughts and encourages a sense of calmness, which is essential for transitioning into sleep. Additi...

Dating Ethics

  Dating co-workers in professional work settings is inappropriate. When employers hire me to provide a specific service as a consultant, I will always remain professional. I do not believe in dating my former co-workers of the opposite sex. I will remove myself from the setting first when I have noticed that I developed such attraction. Making a bet and bribing co-workers to go against their standards is unethical. If you have an interest in me, then you should have asked for my contact information. Numerous people do not know me at all. Contact me only by phone at 202-384-5925 Preference - single straight male over the age of 30 It is not the past and I am not interested in dating women nor boys.

Highlights for 2022

   Some of my highlights for 2022 include the following: Completed over 20 abstract finger paintings Provided services for Soaring Sisters Circle Provided services for NRW 2022 4th Annual Essay Contest  The National Reconciliation Week 2022, five-day event that includes motivational talks; customized and interactive workshops presented by some of the leading coaches, therapists and artists; and unique, purpose-driven performances that help participates go deep in their lives to help them heal from the trauma of personal or familial estrangement. -  Discovering Me…Without You Essay Contest was launched in 2019 by the Fatherless Daughter Empowerment Project, a division of Esther Productions Inc.  The essay contest is designed to educate the public about the importance of fathers in the lives and development of girls and women. Nationally, more than 24 million children are growing up in homes without their fathers. In the Washington Metropolitan region at leas...

INSIDE JOB WRITING INSTITUTE: The Art of Personal Essay Writing WORKSHOPS

INSIDE JOB WRITING INSTITUTE: The Art of Personal Essay Writing WORKSHOP Oct 01, 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM EDT CHANGE OF LOCATION - 1629 K St NW - Suite 300 (Conference Room) for Inside Job Workshops - ATTN About the event Everyone, even teen girls-- or maybe especially teen girls--have stories to tell. Esther Productions Inc. and The Black Student Fund, nonprofit organizations based in Washington, DC, are presenting a four-week writing institute designed to help each participant discover her inner story while learning how to present it using the personal essay. Award-winning journalist and author Jonetta Rose Barras will lead the workshop. She has expertly used the art of personal essay to take readers inside her world, helping them understand and assess important local and national issues. Her writings have appeared in the Washington Post, The Hillrag, The Washington City Paper, Essence Magazine, The DC Line. She has written three nonfiction books and two collections of poetry. Her fiction...

Dynamic Expressions

As a Black woman, I recognize the importance of hard work in achieving both personal and professional success. My identity shapes my experiences and drives my determination to excel in various aspects of life. In this pursuit, I have embraced my passion for digital art, which not only serves as a creative outlet but also as a vital component of my professional offerings. The act of sharing my digital artwork is not merely a display of creativity; it is an integral part of my business and the services I provide. Each piece I create reflects my unique perspective and artistic vision, contributing to my overall mission of thriving in a competitive environment. By showcasing my work, I aim to connect with others who appreciate the value of art and the stories it can tell. In a world where economic stability is essential, my commitment to my craft allows me to navigate the challenges I face as a Black female artist and consultant. I believe that by sharing my digital art, I can inspire othe...

Julee Dickerson - Thompson and Mia Duvall @ BZB Holiday Gala Fine Art Show

Julee Dickerson - Thompson  "As an award-winning artist, Julee Dickerson-Thompson is known for her distinctive pen and ink illustrative style, airbrush paintings, and public art installations. Beginning with her residency at Zenith Gallery’s artist colony and subsequent participation in the inaugural exhibitions at the Evans-Tibbs Gallery and the Miya Gallery, Julee’s work is featured in exhibits and collections at galleries, museums, and “alternative spaces” throughout the United States. Seeking to integrate influences from her travels and studies in West Africa, the Caribbean, the American South, and Paris, France, Julee experiments with mixed-media, soft sculptures, quilts, and doll-making. Often moving between fine art, illustrations, and literature, Julee is also an author, and one of her most recognized books is The Dance of the Rain Gods, published by Africa World Press. Regardless of the medium, her work often incorporate themes of Black feminism, peace promotion, inter-fa...