Skip to main content

Restful Blue

  

I chose various shades of blue using paintapp.  This choice was not arbitrary; I aimed to explore the calming and inspiring qualities that different shades of blue can evoke. Restful Blue is a solid blue background designed for creativity. 


When examining Restful Blue, one can see hints of purple within this shade of blue. 



“Achieving restful sleep plays a crucial role in establishing effective sleeping habits. On August 8, 2024, I took a significant step by putting my sleep routine into action, and since then, I have embraced a variety of strategies designed to enhance my nightly rest. These methods not only help me unwind but also prepare my mind and body for a more rejuvenating sleep experience.


Among the techniques I have adopted, one of the most impactful has been reading inspirational quotes before bedtime. This practice allows me to reflect on positive thoughts and encourages a sense of calmness, which is essential for transitioning into sleep. Additionally, I have found joy in using my paint app, where I can express my creativity.By integrating these strategies into my nightly routine, I have noticed a significant improvement in the quality of my sleep. The combination of reflective reading and creative expression not only helps me to unwind but also fosters a peaceful environment conducive to rest.”



Popular posts from this blog

Ms. Joy Jones - Fearless Public Speaking: A Guide for Beginners (SparkNotes)

    Ms. Joy Jones - Fearless Public Speaking: A Guide for Beginners (SparkNotes) " Scared of speaking in public? You’re not alone! This accessible guide, written by a former teacher and poetry slam coach, will help tweens and teens find their voice!   If you have weak, wobbly knees and a pounding heart when you face an audience—don’t worry, that’s good! Joy Jones is here to show teens and tweens that stage fright is your friend. With its funny, friendly, slightly irreverent approach,  Fearless Public Speaking  helps young people feel more comfortable and confident in front of a crowd. Jones covers it all, from how to write and organize your speech, to how to deliver it and use audiovisual equipment, to how to troubleshoot when things go wrong." https://www.amazon.com/Fearless-Public-Speaking-Guide-Be ginners-ebook/dp/B07JNN8QW7 https://www.yabookscentral.com/yanonfiction/24481-fearless-public-speaking " Joy Jones has taught creative writing and public speak...

EmpowerMe

EmpowerMe. Digital art created on canvas. August 9, 2024. Afrika Abney EmpowerMe - This name conveys a sense of personal empowerment, aligning with the themes of self-awareness and self-advocacy. EmpowerMe represents a powerful concept of personal empowerment, resonating deeply with the principles of self-awareness and self-advocacy. With a robust background spanning over three decades, this dynamic consultant excels in teaching effective self-advocacy strategies that promote both personal satisfaction and professional advancement. Demonstrating a remarkable talent for recognizing and utilizing individual strengths and accomplishments, the consultant enhances communication and fosters connections across various professional settings. Proficient in developing engaging narratives that clearly express qualifications and future goals, the consultant ensures that discussions leave a lasting impact on stakeholders. With a steadfast commitment to nurturing confidence and cultivating genuine ...

Esther Productions Inc., The Black Student Fund and Tenley-Friendship Library present a special edition of MIDNIGHTROSE: A Reading Series of Poetry and Prose

  Esther Productions Inc., The Black Student Fund and Tenley-Friendship Library present a special edition of MIDNIGHTROSE: A Reading Series of Poetry and Prose on Feb. 8, 2025 from 11 am to 1pm for the entire family. This exciting program will include a visual exhibition that celebrates the history of DC's African American authors of children's literature from the 1970s to the present and an in-person reading by three dynamic, award-winning writers: TRICIA ELAM WALKER, DAVID MILLER AND JOY JONES. For further questions, please send them to midnightrosereadingseries@gmail.com . https://www.estherproductionsinc.com/events-1/special-black-history-month-midnightrose-a-reading-series-of-poetry-and-prose-focusing-on-childrens-literature  Tricia Elam Walker , author of the acclaimed novel Breathing Room and two children’s books, Nana Akua Goes to School (2021 Ezra Jack Keats award, 2021 Children’s Africana Award) and Dream Street (NY Times 25 Best Children’s Books 2021), has writte...

Dating Ethics

  Dating co-workers in professional work settings is inappropriate. When employers hire me to provide a specific service as a consultant, I will always remain professional. I do not believe in dating my former co-workers of the opposite sex. I will remove myself from the setting first when I have noticed that I developed such attraction. Making a bet and bribing co-workers to go against their standards is unethical. If you have an interest in me, then you should have asked for my contact information. Numerous people do not know me at all. Contact me only by phone at 202-384-5925 Preference - single straight male over the age of 30 It is not the past and I am not interested in dating women nor boys.

Esther Productions Inc., in partnership with The Black Student Fund and The Institute for African American Writing presents two authors Sharon Bell Mathis and Brian Gilmore

  Esther Productions Inc., in partnership with The Black Student Fund and The Institute for African American Writing presents two authors Sharon Bell Mathis and Brian Gilmore on Mar 16, 2024 from 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM at 3660 Alabama Ave SE, Washington, DC 20020, USA. "Sharon Bell Mathis (born 1937) is an American librarian and author who has written books mainly for children and young adults. Mathis was born in Atlantic City, New Jersey. She started writing at an early age, and her love of reading was fostered by her parents. Her mother, a poet, encouraged her to write. In 1958, she earned a degree in Sociology from Morgan State College and, in 1975, went on to earn a master's in Library Science from the Catholic University of America. Mathis has written many books for children and young adults, and has received many accolades in her career. Her book Ray Charles, a nonfiction biography of Ray Charles, received the Coretta Scott King Award. The Hundred Penny Box received a Newbery...

CANCELLED - FINDING YOUR WAY FORWARD: Creating A Reconciliation Plan for You an interactive workshop with jonetta rose barras

  Greetings, I hope all is well with you. I would like to inform you that  FINDING YOUR WAY FORWARD: Creating A Reconciliation Plan for You an interactive workshop with jonetta rose barras  has been cancelled.  If you can please share the attached flyer with your community, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you

The AACL Tour presented by Esther Productions Inc. in partnership with The Black Student Fund and The Institute for African American Writing

 The AACL Tour opened on March 16th and took place at Francis Gregory. The next AACL Tour is scheduled to take place on April 20, 2024. Please see details below:  Esther Productions Inc., in partnership with The Black Student Fund and The Institute for African American Writing presents two authors Ms. Joy Jones and Mr. E.Ethelbert Miller on April 20th. Info:  aachildrenslit2023 @gmail.com . " Joy Jones has taught creative writing and public speaking to middle school students and coached poetry slam teams. Her children’s book Tambourine Moon (Simon & Schuster) was chosen in 2000 as a Kid’s Pick of the Lists by the American Booksellers Association, selected as one of the best books for children by the black caucus of the ALA, and seen on Fox TV’s hit show The Bernie Mac Show. She is also the author of Private Lessons:A Book of Meditations for Teachers (Andrews McMeel),  Fearless Public Speaking (SparkNotes),  Jayla Jumps In (Albert Whitman & Comp...

Dynamic Expressions

As a Black woman, I recognize the importance of hard work in achieving both personal and professional success. My identity shapes my experiences and drives my determination to excel in various aspects of life. In this pursuit, I have embraced my passion for digital art, which not only serves as a creative outlet but also as a vital component of my professional offerings. The act of sharing my digital artwork is not merely a display of creativity; it is an integral part of my business and the services I provide. Each piece I create reflects my unique perspective and artistic vision, contributing to my overall mission of thriving in a competitive environment. By showcasing my work, I aim to connect with others who appreciate the value of art and the stories it can tell. In a world where economic stability is essential, my commitment to my craft allows me to navigate the challenges I face as a Black female artist and consultant. I believe that by sharing my digital art, I can inspire othe...

Congressional Canvas

    Congressional Canvas. Digital art created on canvas. September 10, 2024. Afrika Abney “My journey as a consultant began in 1992 when I was just 15 years old and navigating the halls of high school. It was a formative time, not only in my education but also in my burgeoning career. During this period, I had the opportunity to participate in the Congresswoman's Art Competition, an experience that allowed me to express my creativity and showcase my artistic abilities. This competition was more than just a contest; it was a platform that helped me understand the importance of presenting my work to a broader audience and ignited my passion for the arts. The years 1992 and 1993 were pivotal in shaping my identity as both a student and a consultant. Engaging in the art competition provided me with invaluable insights into the world of professional artistry and the nuances of competition. I learned how to articulate my vision and connect with others who shared my enthusiasm for cr...